Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

Well, there is good news and bad news about my Christmas decorations. The good news is that I truly outdid myself this year. The bad news is that I had to take them down after only two days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down. First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove be. Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the ladder and almost killed herself putting it up against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she was nearly at the top (she was not happy). She was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove into my yard. I think I made him too real this time. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - Did you really do that????

Unknown said...

Holy crap - I can totally see why people might run off the road seeing that! Crazy!

Grampy said...

That is so funny.I wish I could have seen it.You must have driven people crazy.LOL

Felicia said...

OH no!

Lin said...

OMG! You did NOT! I have to admit, I'd be knocking on your door too. Yikes. Too real.

Sandee said...

I would have loved to see all this before you took it down. I'll bet it was fantastic.

Have a terrific day. :)

Liza said...

OMG! I bet you scared a lot of people, haha.

Simply Delicious said...

Lol. Happy WW!

Maria @ LSS said...

That's a cool decoration, too bad you had to take it down soon. I love it!

Cafe au Lait said...

Bet you had a lot of people screaming, but yeah, it could have caused lots of accidents. Love it anyway. Happy WW!

I played too. Mine are here and here.

lareine said...

I really thought the person was real! And it's just from a photo! I could understand why people who would have seen "him" for real would be tempted to rescue "him".

Well, even if you had to put it down after two days, I think you have enough anecdotes about it to last a lifetime :)

Jude said...

You have to totally explain things to me. I didn't get it till I read the comments today. I thought that was a photo of someone that actually lost the ladder and I was looking for Santa upon the roof top. Duh sometimes I'm dense.

Sparkle said...

LOL! File that under "Ways in which creativity and imagination can get you in trouble."

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP